Weekly Goal Update – 12 May 20132:26:00 pm
Wow, it’s been such a long time since I’ve updated my goals, I’m actually embarrassedJ. I’ve been busy, had some stressful times which took their toll on me. Just when I was beginning to cheer up, Cub goes and gets a fracture. He had a little accident with a desk at school, which ended up breaking the ends of two fingers of his left hand. He’s walking about with a cast now, though it doesn’t really stop him from hunting for the right chocolate.
Now, that’s commitmentJ.
Moving on to my goals, I have been faring badly overall. Here’s how the past few weeks have been:
1. I have been more mindful of what I’m eating. The ‘when’ and ‘how much’ still need work. I’ve cut down on meat, increased my fruit and veggie intake. Carbs and chocolate are a problem, though J.
2. I have been reading quite a bit. Three books in the past month J
3. I have been spending time with Cub – reading, playing and crafting.
4. I haven’t nagged much – it’s actually easier to put that towel back on the hanger myself than do the whole ‘ how many times do I have to say this’ lecture yet again.
1. Worked out on an average of about two - three days
2. Blogging has been kind of random
3. Prayers have been irregular and hurried.
4. My time management still sucks.
5. No improvement on the job hunting front.
So, now you know where I’m at. I have actually gained 3 kg since the start of the year. Yes, it’s that bad L. Anyway, I haven’t given up hope. I found this on Facebook recently and made it my mantra for now:
Let’s see, what else has been happening at my end?? A little trip to
(which was perfect timing, just after my shopping banJ), my 10th
wedding anniversary, a family get together of my Mom’s extended family and Cub’s
accident (see above). Coming up later this month: my birthday, a wedding at
Bangalore Kozhikode, getting Cub ready to start big boy school and
looking forward to the rains.
May has been unbearably hot this year, though it’s really breezy today. The good thing is that it’s put me off heavy food; I’m really into salads right now – veggie, fruit or a mix of both!!
So tell me guys, how has it been so far?? Are your New Year resolutions still alive, or have they turned to dust??