,

Bones

4:55:00 pm


I know the title probably sounds bizarre, but I’m talking about the TV show here. You do know what I’m talking about, don’t you? Please say you do. There are so many people out there who’re fans of Dexter, but not that many of Bones. Don’t get me wrong, Dexter is my fav TV show, but Bones…is also my favorite (Oh cmon, you can have two favorites, right??). I wonder why it doesn’t have that many takers, though.

Image Courtesy: wikipedia

I am a huuuugee fan of Emily Deschanel. I think she’s really talented and I love the way she’s portrayed Dr. Temperance Brennan, the main character. She was particularly good in the 9th episode of Season 6 “The Doctor in the Photo”, where Brennan finds a victim whose life parallels her own. She’s so pretty, that too without being a size zero. Needless to say, I’ve been religiously watching every episode on Star World :-). But its soo late coming here, I heard that season 7 is going to premiere in the U.S. sometime in November. Wonder when that’ll hit Indian TV screens (sulk). Better get the DVD or something.

Everything in the show seems so detailed and accurate; you actually feel you’re in the lab with all the squints. Don’t know what that means? You gotta watch Bones!! (Incidentally, that is one of Bones’ most common statements – “I don’t know what that means”!!)
Image Courtesy: redbubble


Another thing I love about Bones is her style. She wears simple yet stylish formal clothing – button down shirts in various colors, no nonsense but well fitting trousers (rarely skirts) and so many beautiful coats and jackets (most of them Burberry).

 Image Courtesy: eonline

 Image Courtesy: karracrow.blogspot

 Image Courtesy: noonewatching

 Image Courtesy: seat42f

 Image Courtesy: wetpaint

 Image Courtesy: noonewatching

 Image Courtesy: noonewatching

However, the highlight of her outfits is the jewelry, especially the neckpieces. She’s supposed to have collected them on her travels to exotic places. Though a polar opposite of her clothes, her jewelry does blend in and creates a really interesting look.

Image Courtesy: flikr


Well, I could go on and on and on, but by then I guess you’d all have stopped reading ;-). Anyway, you can always look here for more info. Find out what's happening in the current episodes (in India) here.

Do any of you guys love Bones too??? Do tell me, I’d love to know!!!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I love Bones too :) :) :)
    especially the way she carries herself.... and her jackets and neck pieces too.... instead of going on and on, I can simply say that I agree to everything you have written :) nice post Fabida...and you have an awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me 2.....m a religious follower of this show....my sis finds the details a little gross but i love the show...n yes Emily Deschanel looks amazing in the show...though i never noticed her jewelry...but now tht u have pointed it out...m sure i won't miss noticing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ramya Thank you so much for stopping by Ramya!! It feels great to meet a fellow Bones fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @aparajita My sis has the same complaint too!!! But I love how original it seems and how she seems so much like a real doc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bones too!! :) I amw aiting for the next season to be aired soon here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch the show. I better change that soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Natasha Me too! But I guess that would take a while :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Natasha Me too!! But I guess that would take a while :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow good observation! Hadnt noticed the chunky jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @FashionPhD Yup, and those are the kinds of stuff you get so easily in any store in India!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Bones. And Dexter is my fave too! Same pinch. Coincidentally, I thought Emily's best episode was the 9th in the 6th season. She really shines in it.
    I love how even though she's really gorgeous, her looks are never center-stage in this show. I can think of several other shows which have gorgeous women & their looks are always highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Poohkie Same pinchy pinch!!! You're absolutely right, although someone or the other randomly mentions her beauty, on the whole the focus is on her brilliance. In fact, not being very modest, she does bring it up herself ("I'm quite intelligent")!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the show..love Dr. Brennan.. havent noticed the jewellery though .. may be they blend so well with her clothes and personality that they do not stand out as a different entity ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. haven't really watched bones.....but I love dexter :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @simple girl..... Yup, I guess you could say that. She's always very formal and detached, but she still carries that vulnerability with her. Great point!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jahn 'n Style Oh do watch Bones if you get the time!! It is kind of different from Dexter so I can't predict if you'll like it, but definitely worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same Pinch!! I love Bones as well as Dexter (& Castle as well :P)...Am so so very unhappy this season ends today :'(
    Yeah am also a big big big fan of Emily Deschanel(more so because she my sis's namesake :P)...I love the wonderful research work that they do...7 yeah episode 9 was superb...I was almost crying y'day after Vincent was killed...He was my favorite only next to Dr.Brennan..
    I noticed her clothes & jewelry as well!! I love all the pretty earrings & Neck pieces she wears...the pretty dresses & the jackets r my favorites :D
    Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Swarnali Thank you for stopping by!! Looks like I found a kindred spirit in you!!! Yes, Vincent getting killed was really sad, and now the season's getting over today, boo hoo!! I love her neckpieces the most, really interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @beingFab
    Yeah her neck pieces r amazing...I find them very Indian,do you???

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Swarnali Yup, that's the best part!! You can easily replicate her look with stuff from Indian stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there. Nice blog you have here. Its because of Bones I found your cosy blog. I had googled Temperance Brennan jewelry and here I'm. The earrings and necklaces are so cool.

    I'm a huge Bones fan too. And yes I also loved The Doctor in the Photo. Emily Deschanel is brilliant. I love the entire star cast and I love how they balance the emotions with the science. I'm waiting for the next season to hit India which no doubt will be sometime mid 2012.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Sujata Thanks for stopping by, Sujata!! It's always a pleasure to see other Bones fans :-). Me too, can't wait for the next season and especially to see the Bones baby!!

    ReplyDelete