Monthly Goal Update – May 20136:28:00 pm
It’s raining!!!! Finally, after all that oppressive, oppressive heat and blazing sun, it’s suddenly cloudy and wet and quite cool. Perfect time to bring out all those samosas J. Oh wait, I’m supposed to be eating healthy – remember my goals?
Well, speaking of goals, let’s get to my performance in May. Being my birthday and anniversary month, I did celebrate a little, but on the whole I have been eating more carefully. I can say that my tummy’s capacity has come down and I feel fuller faster. I also don’t let myself get too hungry, lest I go all cave-woman and pounce on the first sugary/carb-laden thing I can find. So let’s see how I did, shall we?
1. As mentioned above, I have been more aware about what I eat and have been eating sweet stuff very sparingly.
2. I have been working out 4-5 days a week. I have also gone up a level on my Total Body Workout CD.
3. I have been waking up automatically before 5:30 a.m. Now, even if I want to sleep in, I simply can’t!! So, I’m forced to get to bed before 10 if I want to wake up without a headache.
4. Cub and I have been spending a lot of quality time. (See point 4 in the ‘Down’ section below.)
5. About being more caring and less nagging – hmmm. I think I’ve cut down the nagging, but mainly because the Hubs isn’t home much :-P. But seriously, I did take some extra trouble to run errands for others and I have taken a more ‘understanding’ approach towards Cub’s tantrums. Honestly, how do other Moms deal with school vacations? Or is it just me?
1. While I have been more careful about restricting unhealthy food, I haven’t been too diligent about including the good stuff. Hence, my fruit and green tea intake were low last month.
2. I also have the when of my meals to take care of. Hubs has been working late and so our dinner times have become delayed as well.
3. I don’t want to mention my deep cleaning failures but since I’m appraising myself, it needs to be done. (Hangs head in shame)
4. Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but blogging has taken a back seat. That’s what happens when your boisterous kid is home all day for the vacation and appoints you official ‘Boredom-Curer’. And if one of his hands is in a cast, you also take on the jobs of ‘Railway-Track-Builder’, ‘Lego-model-builder’ and several other assorted titles.
5. My prayers are not as regular as I’d like them to be, though I’m trying to get them in line.
6. Job hunt still unfruitful. I can’t help feeling there’s something I’m missing here. Like I’m waiting to suddenly bump into someone or see something in the paper.
7. I’ve read just one book last month. Even my magazines are piling up on my bedside table.
My time management skills are strictly average, and I hope to have a better report regarding that next month.
So how has May been for you? We’re reaching half time in 2013, so are you halfway through with your goals?