Hola, 2012!!11:28:00 am
Happy New Year everyone!!!! Welcome 2012!!!!
Image Source: images.ucomics
Yesterday was a nice quiet day, with just the three of us relaxing at home. We started the day with a nice Breakfast Sausage Casserole, which was quite yummy, though Cub opted for an egg sandwich.
Then we had a simple lunch, with some Pepper Fried Prawns being the highlight. For dessert, we had Crème Caramel, which was my very first attempt, and I must say, quite successful too!!!
We went out to dinner and rounded off a perfect start to the New Year. I hope the rest of the year is just as good :-).
Well enough about food. In my last post here, I talked about how 2011 went. Today, I’m listing out my resolutions or rather, plans, for 2012. You know they say that you have to make life goals, and then split them into Annual, monthly and weekly goals and assign specific tasks. Sounds tiring? Maybe, but I’m considering going the whole hog this time. As of now, here are my annual goals in no particular order:
- Maintaining a cleaner house: Yes, my most glamorous goal for the year :-). The problem is that though my home is quite organized and neat on the surface, there are some annoying areas that I never get around to cleaning – window panes, fan blades, switchboards etc. I’m going to make a schedule to tackle these areas and split them between my help and myself.
- More organized blog posting: I’ve been very irregular last year about posting on my blog. This year I’m going to plan in advance and make a blog schedule and STICK TO IT.
- More quality time with Cub: I’m a stay-at-home Mom, but I always seem to be busy with chores or on the computer and don’t actually play or read with Cub as much as I’d like to. Bad Mommy, I know. Gotta change that pronto.
- Less nagging: This applies both to Cub and Mr. Tiger, but mainly to the hubs. This is going to be the toughest of all my 2012 goals, but I gotta do it before I turn into this:
Image Source: halfthedeck
- More committed to fitness: Yes, this has been on my accomplishments last year, but I need to get more into it. I have to lose 4 kg more to reach my target weight, and it’s getting tougher as I approach it.
- Regular Prayers: I feel like I need to get closer to God than I have been, and I plan to start with regular and timely prayers.
- Read More Books: I did read a little last year, but it only made me realize how much I have fallen back in this previously strong hobby of mine. Fiction/Non fiction/anything – just gotta read more. (Mags don’t count).
- Stay abreast of current affairs: Ok, I am really ashamed to admit this - I don’t read the paper or watch the news on a regular basis. As a result, I do get to know the very basics of the top news stories, but not the details. Honestly, shameful.
- More adventurous style: My shopping skills have really improved last year. However, I want to get more adventurous and actually try out the looks that I’ve been collecting in a little folder for inspiration. And maybe more outfit posts too :-).
There, now you know what I plan to do in 2012. Yup, not as exciting as perhaps bungee jumping, or visiting 5 countries or sleeping with a snake (I’m kidding here), but they’re what I really want to improve upon to make myself better. I hope this doesn't make me sound like I'm the most annoying person alive, just being honest here :-).
Do any of you share any of the above resolutions as well?? Tell me, maybe we can track it together!!
Image Source: inquisitr