Wasters and Savers!!3:11:00 pm
Lately, I log on to my computer in the mornings, hot cup of tea in hand, and then I turn into
. You know, the
Wonderland one. No really, it’s like I’ve just walked through the looking glass
into a whole new glorious world out there, and I get lost in it with no
sense of time. And then something just happens that brings me to my senses –
the phone rings/need to pee/doorbell rings/burning smells… Alice
Image Courtesy: childillustration.blogspot
Then I glance at the clock and go OMG!! Did I actually spend all that time online?? Yikes!!
Then I decided to make lemonade out of lemons and thus this post was born. Technology wastes a lot of our time, and then it offers us solutions to manage our time better!! Crazy world, right?
So here are my lists for the biggest time wasters and savers – at least for me!!
Wasters Hall of Shame:
1. Pinterest – Yup. Right at the top. ‘Nuff said.
2. Facebook – Friends. Friends of friends. Friends of friends of friends. Ooh, there’s that girl who sat behind me in class 5!! Let’s go see what she’s up to now!
3. Online shopping sites – They’ve suddenly burst all across the scene. Lots of options, free shipping, Cash on Delivery. Oh yes, and free returns. Need I say more?
4. Youtube – You know how this goes. Someone shares a link of some weird but cute cat on Facebook/blogger/whatever. And then you get options to see some weird but cute dogs. And then dogs with cats. Congratulations!! You’ve been sucked into the whirlpool!!
5. lolsotrue (and similar addictive funny sites) – First it makes you smile and you wanna check out some more. Because you wanna smile some more. And more and more. Till all you want to do is puke. LOL, so true.
Not sure if Twitter was supposed to be on that list. Since I have stayed off the Twitter bandwagon, I can’t really vouch for the usefulness/uselessness of it.
But all is not lost, friends. Below is a list of apps that I’m currently loving. I’ve been using them for a while and they’re quite useful. (Note: all Android stuff, sorry iGuys!!)
Savers Hall of Fame:
1. MyFitnessPal – Perfect to update your food intake, exercise and even water intake. You can also input your weight and measurements and see your progress as you go!! You can also enter everything online and sync up with your phone.
2. Pomodoro – Are you the type who gets easily distracted? Join the Club! Use the pomodoro timer to help you focus on a task for 25 minutes and then take a break. No more excuses to drift away now!
3. Remember The Milk – This is my favorite app of all!! Very simple, yet effective. You can make to do lists for the whole week and prioritise and categorise them. And it’s very easy to use, nothing fancy schmancy. Love it!!
4. Closet Virtual – Do you go nuts staring at your overflowing wardrobe and still wondering what to wear? Closet Virtual to the rescue!! You can store pictures of all your clothes, neatly sorted into categories, and then store separate outfits and also maintain a wishlist with pictures of stuff you’re lusting after. Great, huh??
5. Droid Wallet – A nifty little app to help you maintain your income, track your expenses, all while setting budgets for various expense categories. Neat.
6. Evernote – The ultimate organizational app. (BTW, this is also available for Iphone) You can store pretty much anything you like – notes, pictures, audio, video. With the evernote clipper, you can clip anything from the internet into your evernote account.
7. Food Planner – Pretty much a must for all home makers and Moms. You can plan your meals for the week, maintain an inventory of what’s already there in your kitchen and make grocery lists to jot down what’s missing.
8. Habit Streak – A really useful tool for everyone trying to break an old habit or create a new one. Just set yourself some questions and answer them at the end of your day. Did you take your vitamins today? Did you limit your browsing time today? Get the picture?
Do you guys have any cool apps for Android? Or is there something that really gets you addicted other than the ones I’ve mentioned?