Weekly Goals Update – 10 June 20128:22:00 pm
How are the monsoons guys? Has it started raining in your area? It’s been pouring here all week, but today’s been quite sunny. Guess God just wanted everyone to enjoy their day off :-).
1. Worked out on 3 days and went for brisk walks on two. All in all, not bad!
2. Controlled my diet except for two dinners and one lunch.
3. Started tracking my food and exercise in my android app
4. My prayers have been fairly regular
5. Hired new help for the house cleaning, so that’s going great!!
6. Been a better blogger than previous weeks
7. Read a book – ‘Three Act Tragedy’ by Agatha Christie
8. Made a craft with Cub – a popsicle stick easel.
There are soo many popsicle stick crafts out there, I think that’s going to be our ‘thing’ now!!
1. Watched way too much TV
2. Wasted a lot of time pinteresting
3. Fruit intake was really down
Overall, this week has been quite productive and I’m happy. I’ve also learnt a few life lessons in the past month, the chief of which is that I need to just let go of some things – feelings, people, stuff. I mean, no matter how much you try or cry, you just can’t change others. You can’t make them think the way you do, and it isn’t really fair to expect that of them. Letting go of that expectation just frees you up in so many ways!
Another point is to just trust in God. It’s comforting to know that there is Someone who can see the whole picture and that He knows what’s what. When you just submit all your troubles and worries to Him, you feel light and it’s like a huge burden has been lifted off your chest. It’s so much easier to move on after that.
Whew, being all serious does make one weary!! So here’s something that’s guaranteed to lighten the mood – from none other than the most incorrigible cat on earth –