Recipe for the Week – Baked Carrot Pudding12:53:00 pm
In my quest for high fiber recipes (due to reasons mentioned here), I asked my Mom for baked dishes which included fruit or vegetables and she gave me this recipe. She in turn got it from her cousin, beyond which the source is unknown to me. She called this 'carrot cake', but it is actually more of a fusion of cake/pudding/halwa. I’ve decided to call it pudding, but of course, you can go ahead and call it anything you like :-).
What you’ll need:
500 g carrots
4 tbsp milk powder/dairy whitener
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
30 g broken cashew nuts
What you’re going to do:
1. Scrub and clean carrots; then peel, chop and boil the carrots.
2. Drain and wipe dry. You do not want any excess water.
3. Blend carrots with eggs, milk powder, sugar and flour in a blender till smooth.
4. Pour into a greased baking tin and sprinkle cashews on top.
5. Preheat oven to 180° C and bake at 180° C for 20 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in tin for about 20 minutes, then carefully remove and place on serving dish.
7. Cut into squares or hexagons or anything and serve!
There, isn’t it simple?? Just boil, blend and bake. As easy as B,B and B. Okay, that was really bad :-).
This tastes best chilled and served with some vanilla ice cream. Yummy!! It’s not all that unhealthy either, except that it needs 3 eggs. It’s mostly carrots and uses just a little sugar and flour. You can substitute the cashews with any nut of your choice.
Do try it out and let me know how it went!!