Recipe for the Week - Palak Chicken4:16:00 pm
Summer is at its peak and everyone’s opting for salads, juices and the like. Non vegetarian food isn’t really what we crave nowadays, but in case you do, here is a healthy dish that is oh-so-easy to make!! So what are you waiting for, let’s get started!!
What you’ll need (3 servings):
1. 250 g chicken cut into small pieces
2. ½ a small bunch of spinach/palak
3. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4. 1 tomato chopped
5. 1 green chilli
6. ½ onion sliced
7. ½ - 1 tbsp oil
8. salt to taste
9. 1 tsp coriander powder
10. ½ tsp pepper powder
11. ½ tsp garam masala
What you’re going to do:
the spinach leaves well and cook it in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Wash
2. Cool the spinach and puree with a green chilli.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, and fry the onion on low heat till golden brown.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook till soft and mushy.
6. Add the salt, coriander, pepper and fry for a minute.
7. Add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Add the spinach puree and cook the chicken for 3 whistles or till done.
9. Serve with a little garam masala sprinkled on top of the dish.
I have avoided the calorie-laden ingredients that usually go with this dish – ghee and cream. I’m sure the ghee would add a wonderful flavor of it’s own, but since this is a summer special, I decided to go without it. Serve with some fresh, hot wholewheat rotis, cool low fat curd and you have a lovely, healthy meal ready!!