,

A to Z Blogging Challenge 2015 - Theme Reveal

8:45:00 pm


Hellooooo there! I know I haven’t been regular on the blog, and I can make all sorts of excuses to justify it, but basically it was because I wasn’t motivated enough! Life did get kind of busy too, but there were busier people blogging every day, come rain or shine – how’s that for motivation! So when I read about the A to Z blogging challenge for April, I decided that this was a chance to get my mojo back!!


For a quick update on all that’s been going on in my life since we last chatted, here goes. In the latter part of last year, we bought our own apartment, which I’m still decorating J. I bought my own car and have begun driving around a little – my son’s school, supermarket etc. I got a lot of freelance work, which made me very happy in the beginning, before I realized that with barely four hours of sleep, a messy home and basically no time for family, my work was eating up my life!  

And then, in March, things happened. It began with a terrible respiratory infection which outlasted three courses of antibiotics. I was getting better when I had an accident with boiling water and ended up with second degree burns on my right thigh. I can’t tell you how painful the following days were and I was pretty much stuck for a couple of weeks. The wound is healed, though it’ll take time for the skin to reappear.

While I was recovering, I had time to take things slow. Really, really slow. I began reading Stephen Covey’s book, ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’, one among the many that have been waiting for me to open the covers. I’m not really one for self help books, but this is one of the few that really seems to speak to me.


I understand that reading this book is less reading and a lot more studying and analyzing, but it doesn’t bore me at all. So I thought it only fitting that my theme for this month’s blogging challenge be related to the book. Hence presenting my A to Z blogging challenge theme:

“The A to Z of Effectiveness”


The goals of joining this challenge are manifold. Of course, I want to get my writing mojo back, and bring my blog back to life. But I also want to document my progress with the book and talk about how it’s helping me with my own internal struggles. Like the book says, any change needs to begin from the inside out, so here’s to a month of blogging about the effectiveness of internal change!

Source

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the update, Fab. I did wonder, but didn't want to probe. Congratulations on the apartment and the car - more so, the indepence you enjoy through both.

    I'm glad you are healing from the burn (and the burn-out?). The 7 Habits was a life-changing book for me and I hope you find it the same for you.

    Looking forward to reading your posts through the Challenge and thereafter. Love the new look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinne!! A revamp of the blog was on my mind for the longest time and I finally got around to it last year. I hope to complete the challenge successfully, I'm already running behind!

      Delete
  2. The 7 Habits is a great book. Sorry to hear you've been unwell and hope you are feeling better now. Wishing you all the best in your new home and happy driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy!! Yes, famous authors like Robin Sharma didn't resonate with me, but Mr. Covey certainly did!

      Delete
  3. And so, we're on day 3 the letter is C, catch up quick, it's fun.
    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, Sandy! Hope to be all caught up by the weekend - including reading and commenting!

      Delete

Blog Archive