, ,

First Things First!

9:19:00 pm

Hi everyone!!! 

I hope ‘everyone’ is not too ambitious a term to use for the number of people who are reading this blog, considering only my family knows about it yet ;-). Anyway, this is my very first post, so here goes!

I’m Fab, ex-software engineer, now stay at home Mom, aspiring fashionista, small time health freak. My son, Tiger Cub, is just under 3, and a real handful. The third point of this triangular circus tent is my hubby, Mr. Tiger, who, contrary to his 'blogname', is as quiet as Cub is deafening (he must get that from me!).

Then there’s the family I was born into, my parents, my brother, my sis (though they were both born after me he. he..). There are also my in-laws, and everyone resides pretty much within earshot of each other.

Ok, now that I’ve made everyone happy by mentioning them on my first post, let’s talk a little more about moi. At the risk of sounding like the starting line to Shopaholics Anonymous, I confess, I'm a Shopaholic. I could shop and shop and shop till everything and everyone around me drops. I love the following parts in the movies below –

1. Pretty Woman – (Obvious one) Where she shops in all those cool boutiques (with his credit card) and everyone in the store are at her feet.


Courtesy: totallypredictableunpredictability

2. The Devil wears Prada – Where Andrea gets a makeover and changes outfits at the drop of a hat, all to the tune of Madonna’s ‘Vogue’.


Courtesy: i2.listal

3. Aisha - ok, ok, I know – not exactly movie of the year, but I like the video of the song ‘Suno Aisha’, where she hits the malls with her gal pals.



Courtesy: anutshellreview

See? I love reading fashion magazines and finding out all the latest trends and stuff, and just drooling over everything. I also love reading books, and old classics and mysteries are my kind of thing. My favorite TV shows are Bones, Dexter, Modern Family, the MasterChef series and Glee. I am also an experimental cook, the experiments being performed mainly on the hapless Mr. Tiger. And last but not least, I am on an ongoing quest for perfect health and a fit body.

So now you have a teensy weensy idea about me. I’ve always wanted to start a blog chronicling the various happenings in my multicolored life ;-), and so, ta da!!!! Here we are!!

More importantly, it is to reach out to all the women like me out there – all of us who have so many different facets to our personality, some of which may not be comprehensible even to our own relations (blood and otherwise). But there might be someone out there in the blogosphere who feels exactly the same way about something as I do. There have been moments while reading other blogs where I go: “OMG!!! That’s exactly how I feel when I go there/do that/see her/hear them/taste that!!!!”
Yup….might sound a bit weird, but that’s how it is for me J.

 Okay…I guess that’s enough for my first post. So those of you who’ve read this, please post your comments. I’d love to know what you think.

So long till the next post. Stay Fab!!!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Hi

    All the best for blog :) Please post more articles about shopping.

    Best regards

    Niyaprakash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Welcome to the world of blogging! And the first two movies out of the three are my all time fav too!!!

    And I am going to be your first follower! Yay! :)

    P.S. How did you find me?

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @niya
    Thank you so much Niya..and posting about shopping...I most certainly will!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tanvi
    Thanks Tanvi!!! My very first follower, yippee!!

    I found your blog listed among the 'top ten Indian blogs' in a website or magazine, sorry, don't really remember exactly which one it was!! Since then, I've ready every single one of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Top 10 Indian Blogs? I wasn't even aware!!! Well I am glad you found me ... and now I found you! :)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faabi...lovely post!! Your first post cant get better than this....and shopping is indeed your cup of tea!!! hehehe...so glad you included your shopping-fairy along with your family here. hehe!! Keep it going. Looking forward to more posts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Priya
    Thank you so much for stopping by PP.....more posts coming right up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice that, Fab! So reflects you :). I liked all the nice introductions in the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachna!! It's a little weird reading my first post again, but fun all the same!!

      Delete
  9. That's a very bubbly beginning! I so echo your sentiments here: "all of us who have so many different facets to our personality, some of which may not be comprehensible even to our own relations (blood and otherwise)" Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shail!! Yes, there are people I've met online who seem more like soul sisters to me than people in the real world!

      Delete
  10. Loved your post and a great first post it is too! I am in awe of Shopoholics, seriously, just can't let myself go:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the Shopaholics are in awe of people who don't like shopping ;-P

      Delete
  11. I have nothing to say because I need to dig up your archives for more. :) Love the way you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shopoholic ?? Why does this word sound so familiar? Ah, that's somewhat like me ;) Lovely Start.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha :) There should probably be an FB group - 'Shopaholics of India'!!

      Delete
  13. ahhaha! So this is You! My first read at your blog! interesting.

    ReplyDelete