Chocolate Cake? Sorry!!

11:40:00 am

I’ve really been slacking in the health department. It’s not that I’m unaware or prefer to be ignorant while chomping away at that piece of soft, gooey chocolate cake. I do read a lot about it and make plans all the time. It’s the implementation part…and more importantly, the consistency part, that’s the real challenge.


Image courtesy: wikipedia (cake) and technabob (fruit)


So, I’ve decided to stop making grand plans. Instead, I’ve realized that baby steps are the way to go. So now on, I’m going to make 3 resolutions for every week, which should be easy enough to follow. Now, that makes 12 resolutions for a month. If I follow through consistently for a month, I’m going to get myself…..wait for it – a new pair of SHOES!!!! Oh no, there I go, making grand plans all over again!!! Ok, ok, let’s rewind a bit….I’m making 3 teeny little resolutions for next week. I’m going to start with the least traumatic ones. They are as follows:

  1. Sleep and wake up at the same time every day, no matter what
  2. Workout everyday for at least 30 min – yoga, aerobics, anything - just some kind of exercise, some time in the day
  3. Eat on a smaller plate, begin every meal with a glass of water and no second helpings.
 Ok, the last one was kind of a combo thing…but I think I can handle it J.

I’m already doing a few things right; I have my multivitamins everyday, don’t have more than 2 cups of caffeine, include fruits and veggies at almost every meal and eat very little sweet stuff (Please don’t hate me, but I don’t have much of a sweet tooth….I just mentioned the chocolate cake as an illustration J).

I better stick to this, or I’m going to embarrass myself big time. I usually keep all my wonderful plans to myself, even my family doesn’t get a peek at them! Now here I am, putting them up online for the world to see!!!

Have you guys ever faced problems with sticking to your best-laid plans? I could really use the suggestions for consistency!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. fabi...you can say that again!! Sticking to the plan is the most difficult part of your resolutions....I too make a lot of plans and they remain that way...as plans! hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Priya
    I know PP....just hope I find some way to stick to it this time round!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Use of the words 'you' is generic not like I am saying this to YOU! :P (As I don't really know you!) Hehe

    If you focus on one day at a time ... and not build a huge pressure in your head you are more likely to see through the plan. Also give yourself positive re-enforcements on daily basis, not just the Shoes at the end of the month, 'coz that might seem far away. Like if I wake up early today I will be able to have a longer day to achieve all my goals. This is all via my own experience. Hope you achieve all your goals! :)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tanvi
    That is a very good (and doable) suggestion...a day at a time is much more manageable than a chunk of time like a month....Thanks a lot, Tanvii!

    ReplyDelete