Defying Gravity

11:18:00 am


Lately, I’ve been listening a lot to this song, ‘Defying Gravity’. In case you don’t know, it’s a song from the Broadway show ‘Wicked’. It’s a beautiful, inspiring song, which talks about letting go of all your inhibitions and setting yourself free from all the shackles that hold you down. It’s about taking risks and basically, just going for it.

Saying that I love this song is an understatement. Listening to it gives me a feeling of exhilaration, as if I could suddenly grow wings and just soar into the blue sky. It’s a great pick-me-up on days when I feel like the whole world is driving me nuts, or when I really want to do something but feel like there are too many obstacles in front of me.

This song is a reminder of the amazing power that music can have on us. If you haven’t heard this song yet, here are two versions of it from Youtube.

This one is the ‘GLEE’ version, sung by Lea Michele and Chris Colfer. (I first heard this song on a Glee episode :-)):



This one is from the original Broadway show, performed by Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.


I personally prefer the Glee version. What about you? Do you have a song that really inspires you and changes your mood whenever you hear it? Do tell me!!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I am obsessed with that song!!! The glee version is a litte more fun but I love the original just as much. One song that never fails to change my mood is moi je joue by Brigitte Bardot. It's so catchy and makes me want to dance around :).
    Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js3t51n3EQc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this song too!!!! Always makes me feel better everytime I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jacqueline
    I checked out the song, very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hippie Holly
    I know...ever since I heard it for the first time, I was hooked :-)

    ReplyDelete